Awarded Living Legend Status in 2003
YEARS SHOOTING – 28
FIRST BOW – Hoyt Recurve 45lbs
CURRENT BOW – Mathews LX 60ln 28”
ARROWS – Carbon Express CXL150
OTHER EQUIPMENT – Vibracheck stabilizer, Toxonics Gearhead sight, Super scope, Scott mongoose release aid, Mathews Arrowrest
HOW DID YOU BEGIN ARCHERY – Two friends, Peter Blackford & Max Tout had just begun shooting with a local sports store run events. They asked me to have a go which I did and the rest is history. We started a local club Nambucca Valley Bowman which was an AA club until 1982 when it changed to ABA. Was a member of ABA until 1996 when I helped develop 3DAAA.
My greatest achievements are not of the shooting type but of the administration of Archery.
- Zone E ABA controller for 4 years before moving onto ABA national committee.
- Team manager in 1988 for the World IFAA titles in the USA.
- Organised the 1990 World and Australian titles at Valla Park.
- Helped start 3DAAA .
- Spending time with my Family and all my friends I have gained over the years.
- All the help given to me throughout my years of organisation of archery endeavours.
- Watching the kids of archery grow and develop into nice decent people who then put back into archery in later life.
There is just too many memories to list.