COVID-19 18 March 2020

Dear 3DAAA Affiliated Clubs & Members Date: 18th March 2020

Addressing Management of the
Current COVID-19 Pandemic

Following on from our communication on the 13th of March 2020, where we advised that we sought not to postpone or cancel 3DAAA events at that point in time.

It is with regret that the 3D Archery Association of Australia has reviewed this in light of the latest changing events and need to advise our clubs as of today all Sanctioned and Special events on the 2020 calendar are to be postponed / suspended until the 30th of April 2020.
As this situation is fluid and changing on a daily basis we will continue to monitor the changing conditions and review how we can best manage our events in 2020.

We recommend that all club shoots and activities be postponed immediately until after the 30th of April 2020 pending further review.
There are insurance implications where a club elects to continue to run club events and activities; they need to ensure that they meet all the legislative requirement State & Federal as well as any specific local requirements, (that are changing on a daily basis) not only managing numbers at the events, social distancing requirements and being prepared to notify members attending of the ongoing risks and the specific requirements of attending such an event in line with the daily changes.

This decision was not made lightly and we arranged a conference call inviting all our clubs to be present as we made this decision.

The purpose in taking this action now is to help protect our members and the wider community and slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. At the same time we would like to minimise the risk to our members, their families, people who are volunteers at our clubs and the wider community.
All our decisions will be made with the best interest of our members, the vulnerable and the wider community in mind.

We thank you in advance for your ongoing support during this challenging time. We acknowledge that this is a hard decision and may not be the view of all our members.

We ask members to refrain from negative comments and to support the committee who are making the hard decisions and following the recommended protocols.
Further developments and updates will be made available as the COVID-19 situation evolves.

Kind Regards
Terry Sheather
3DAAA President